Friday, February 20, 2009

Library thing

Well, I thought that I had a librarything account, but since I tried entering every email address I have used in the past two years, I suppose I am mistaken?? No matter, I am having fun creating a new one. Especially in the profile section where it asks what other services you are on. I am noticing these things more and more ever since I became more aware of the power of the semantic web. I like to think that I am positioning myself to be able to dive right in once it becomes more fully developed. At the very least, I got myself an OpenID with the username "janeschmidt". But I digress ...

Oh yeah ... Library Thing is our task for the week! The trick for me is to remember to keep going back to update it! But then again, that is my problem with all of these fun gadgets. They are passing fancies for me, unless I find some friends who are also active users. Gives me motivation to go back.

Main problem with Library Thing is that I don't really do too much leisure reading these days. I read a lot of current events and websites, so it doesn't leave much room for fiction. Ah, to be retired ....

No comments:

Post a Comment